Thursday, September 8, 2011

3 days in Alexandria


Worn out, exhausted or feel like you lost yourself; I don't care what you call it but I have a prescription for it that I advise you to follow; its easy, its fun and i would definitely call it revealing.  And im going to give it to you right now.

In my case, its been years since I last took a bus or even a car and crossed the borders of Cairo....im talking here about the city of Cairo not Egypt. So, recently I was finally able to do it, not with family, no friends, just me. a lot of my friends thought i was crazy, should bring somebody with me or i wont enjoy it. But what happened was, it may have been the best thing i have done for myself in a very long time.
Made a reservation in a hotel for only 2 nights, booked a bus ticket to Alexandria (a great city in Egypt with the best beach ever), and took off early that day. It was like I dropped out of everyone’s I know radars and the only person i had with me....was me.

I definitely did a lot of things there, visited historic places, been to the most famous mall in Alexandria, spent long and long hours on the beach burying my legs in the sand throwing my eyesight far away enjoying the view and the air. But the best part of it; is that I did all of this by, with and for myself. I know this might make you think im a freak but what I am saying here is that those 3 days, they allowed me to get to know me again, remember who I really am, reminded me of the me I lost in the maze of my own life and complications.....the ME we all loose in the maze of our own lives and complications.

We all get busy in our lives, we all have obligations to fulfill, responsibilities, and places where we have to be and I am not underestimating that. But we also have an obligation towards ourselves. Isn't yourself worthy of deducting some time for it? See what going on with it? Listen to it and hear what your own body is trying to tell you, what it needs. 3 days with a beach view did it for me, 5 minutes in silence in your own bedroom with no TV or phone can do it for you. Can take someone years to figure out how to listen to his inner voice.
it was only for a couple of day for me -so no worries about time- you can do it every few months or every year if you want, but you definitely have to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment